WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Summerfest 2017 is going to be rockin’!
The first round of volunteer spots are available online with a few more spots opening up before the end of May. As areas such as the kids zone are booked more spots will become available.
Volunteers are needed on Friday, June 23th and Sunday, June 25th, but the majority are required for a variety of shifts throughout the day on Saturday, June 24th. Come join the team of amazing Parkland volunteers. Volunteers get in free and receive free beverages throughout their shift. (Volunteers who don’t already have a Summerfest volunteer shirt will get a free shirt to wear at the event).If you need technical help with VolunteerSpot and/or have any other volunteer questions, please feel free to email email@example.com or call the Park Office at 403-271-7516.
OK, Let’s get started!
- Click the link below to see what volunteer spots are available.
- Click on the activity where you would like to volunteer. A new tab will open and ask you to enter your email address to begin your registration. Note: if you want to go back to the original page with all the activities you should find the tab at the top of your screen.
- After you enter and confirm your email address a new screen will pop up showing all the volunteer opportunities that you have signed up for. When you’re done with this page click on SAVE to confirm.
- This page is IMPORTANT! The “Summerfest Goers” need to know who our amazing volunteers are by wearing your free Summerfest Volunteer shirt. If you already have a shirt from previous years, please indicate that by filling out the questionnaire regarding “T-shirt”. If you have other family members volunteering as well, please indicate that in the questionnaire so that we can put your volunteer package together with your family’s volunteer package for pick-up. When your form is complete, click SAVE. (Please take care to ensure the two check boxes at the bottom are checked or unchecked the way you want)
- VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Your Lead Organizer may be in touch with you as this event draws nearer.
- HELPFUL TIP: Volunteering for multiply spots? You only need to fill the questionnaire out ONCE. Every activity has the same request. See next point as to how this can be useful.
- ANOTHER HELPFUL TIP: More than one family member using the same email, please see instructions below. (PLEASE NOTE: WE NEED EACH VOLUNTEER TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR OWN SPOT SO THAT EACH VOLUNTEER CAN RECEIVE THEIR OWN WRISTBAND. )
How to sign up multiple family members with one email address:
- For some email providers, such as gmail.com, you may modify a base email address, in this way:
For example, KKrakauer@gmail.com, KKrakauer+John@gmail.com and KKrakauer+Mariana@gmail.com can all be used as separate email addresses in VolunteerSpot. When emails have a +XXXX after the first part of the email address, standard internet email processing sends all emails to the base account of KKrakauer@gmail.com.
- If there is more than one person sharing an email address, you can put all the volunteer names in the Name field, for example:
- Another option for parents is to write in the comments field who is expected for a shift. I have children that want to volunteer that don’t have their own email address (see below).
Where do I write a comment to indicate other family members are volunteering and we may need additional T-Shirt sizes?
- Select the link to visually see where this comments bubble is located once you see the task you want to volunteer for. How comments work?
- If your child or spouse is volunteering in different activities then you can answer the questions about T-shirts for them. However, if the activity is the same but the task is different or at the same time, you will need to provide shirt details and family members in the comments section.
Thank you! Summerfest would not be possible without the generosity of extraordinary volunteers just like you.